Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap

Happy Monday!

This weekend was very uneventful, for the most part. The kids had to go into Doctors on Thursday for antibiotics- this time it was bad sore throats and I knew if we were going to kick this thing, it was time for medicine. Sure enough, by Friday {next day} they were already doing so much better.

Saturday the kids were back to normal, so we just hung around and got a lot of sunshine outside painting and playing with the dogs {lots of movies too}

Later Saturday evening, we met with friends, after kids bedtime, to hear our favorite Irish band play {same one from Justin's birthday}. Always a fun time, but on Sunday I woke up with a major ache in my calf- I'm gettin old! It's pretty hard to dance to Irish music for too long, I'll tell ya. My poor friend had a bruise on her arm from all the swinging of arms we did LOL Well. Worth. It.

Sunday was spent at church most of the late morning/early afternoon- our church sells produce (mainly vegetables) after service and I finally got a bag full today. Farm Fresh and only $5 to load up a bag! It's so great. I usually don't have the cash on me -why is it so hard to carry cash now days?!- or one time I got there too late and it was picked over, so I was one happy {vegetable} camper today!
{it's a good thing my hubby loves tomatoes and squash!}


Then after church we had some fun family time watching a new movie- "Little Rascals" so cute!- and I ran a couple errands with my mom and sis (in-law) which really brightened my day. Then I came home, made dinner, and hung with the family until bed. Simple days are sometimes the best days.

My Weekend Reflection: I am so very thankful for my family & friends who know me, understand me, trust me, and believe in me even when our views may not line up all of the time {love you guys}.

I'm always learning a little more about myself as I near 30 {still will claim to be the best age ever!} and right now I've come to a conclusion that forgiving will always be easier than forgetting. I am the first to forgive someone {and truly forgive with my whole heart}, but the past always haunts me. When that happens I am encouraged by a verse:

"The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation."

I'll be very clear on what I know to be true through my walk with Christ... this verse does NOT mean God never forgets our sins or uses our sin against us. The Bible says "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions (sin) from us" Psalm 103:12

However, the Lord is JUST and He will not allow us to reap ANY benefit from wrong doing...yes, we learn from our trials and become blessed through them eventually....but we will always pay a price for our wrong doings.

The Lord gets the final say on our choices and actions, He just does. The longer people fight with that truth, the longer their lives will go without peace. And if anyone is going to judge me, I'm glad it's Him because He is a loving God.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved". John 3:16-17

I can rest in forgiveness with someone because I have two promises from my Savior...
1) God is just &
2) No matter who hurts us or judges us, God is loving and He has our back.

He is my heavenly Father (the kind of Father every girls needs and desires- not the kind you may have gotten- don't relate the two)

I can be free from guilt, shame, emotions, hurt, and anger because HE takes care of me. I'm learning this slowly. Sometimes I want to react right away for an instant gratification {sadly and honestly, I usually do this}. But God knows us and only He gets the final say on how things are going to work out. I'm thankful for this truth in my life.

Some deeper thoughts this weekend, but its a good thing to dig deep once in awhile, especially when trying to walk like Jesus! {because its not easy!}

Looking forward to a beautiful week! xo
Love, Me
(Colleen)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would lOvE to hear from you!