Tuesday, November 29, 2011

TaStY TuEsDaY!

I typically have a quiet house to myself on Tuesday mornings, and what better way to spend it then coming here to share a TaStY recipe with myself you!

I don't know about you but I LoVe finding a new YuMmY recipe! I'm always online or asking my family for recipes. I am not always awesome at coming up with my own, maybe someday, but for now I see no harm in going to the experts!

On this TaStY TuEsDaY, I would like to share a recipe for Corn Casserole that my favorite Southern Gal, {insert best southern accent a valley girl can muster here} Paula Deen!

My wonderful Mother-in-law brought this to my attention for my birthday dinner a few years ago (we are both big fans of Miss Paula) and now somehow I have become the one to repeat it every Thanksgiving. I know Thanksgiving is over, but this is a good side dish for any meal!

Afterall who doesn't LoVe something made with a whole stick lot of butter?! I'm tellin ya, these Southern Gals know what they're doing!

Ingredients

1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter.
Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and top with Cheddar.
Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.

YuMmY! A perfect PaRtY dish.

Do you have a loved one who shares recipes with you?

Love, Me
(Colleen)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would lOvE to hear from you!